Sunday, July 15, 2007

Back From the Dead

Hello Readers (if any remain):

The blog has been dead for a little while, but the dream is still alive.

I like to keep things chronological, that is, I give you a date-by-date write-up of the goings-on and down in L.A. But as you can see, I fell off the wagon. Hard. I started to write about February, and what I was feeling in February, but it didn't feel right. First I had to get out what I'm feeling NOW in July. For several months I've been feeling restless. I've been calling it the 2 year itch. By this I mean, it has been 2 years since graduation and what the fuck have I accomplished? I want to move into a new apartment, I want a new job, I want a cat, I want change. All around me friends are celebrating change: people are moving, breaking up, gettin' back together, changing jobs, changing cities, changing countries. Fuck. I've been feeling: restless, depressed, pensive, worried, overwhelmed. Updating the blog alone was overwhelming. There was too much to write. Today I decided I am going to grab my life by it's tangled, crazy horns and get back on the horse. Use my talent, etc.

When I first moved to L.A. Robert and I went to church and a proverb really moved me. You can read it here: Luke 19: 11-27. The version in church uses "talent" instead of "pound" and it can be read as a metaphor for using your gift, or it will be lost. It's something that I always remember--both with fear and hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home